Quote:

So i realize that, along with other reasons, I have not driven my 71 Challenger as much since installing a 408 stroker in it about 6 years ago or so.

My car is a 318 car originally and I am thinking of a few options:
a 318 with a bumped up cam to run a 4 barrel
a 340 built to average specs
or use my 360 block with all parts that I can salvage and go back to a "normal" crank with X heads

I am so done with Econo air ports and plan on hopefully running X heads or something similar from pre-71/72 era

I kind of just miss the simple cruise that I get out of my 68 D100 - 318 and sort of get tired of sitting there lumping at red lights. Of course its nice to step on it, but with todays gas prices never coming down, I feel that I'd be just as happy chillin along....

What do you guys think?

What cam did you put in your 408?? Everyone tries to push big cams in these strokers. What exhaust do you have.

I putt around town and run errands in my 416. Starts on one pump with a no choke double pumper, a single plane intake, and open element air cleaner. It's got a comp 274S cam. With a dual plane, 750 vac sec, and stock air cleaner it would be even quieter and smoother..

I've got 1500 miles on it since April.

Here's it idling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8QSTlvdqSs and

Last edited by autoxcuda; 08/22/11 05:11 PM.