Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Question and Answer
04/25/24 03:44 PM

"Why do you believe there is air space at the top of the tank? IF the filler neck on say a 68-70 Charger is full of fuel, how could there be an air space ?"

i have screwed up filling up my charger till the fuel ran all over the quarter, and out the vent line [which dumps into the frame rail] making a real mess. panic laugh2
i don't think there was any air that time. [sure stayed on full for long time.]
however, that was tons of years ago, and i'm super careful these days filling it up.
also, the mess was during the time i had the original tank and sender in it.
beer
23 1,631 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:39 PM
Sure would be nice to see you again Jeff! Any plans for Cedar Falls this year? wave
5 320 Read More
04/25/24 03:36 PM
sorry for screwing up the info on your project.
but then again, i have been known to be "half fast", or some phrase that sounded like that. i can't remember........... laugh2
beer
7 372 Read More
04/25/24 03:31 PM
every seal with a garter spring i install, i fill the cavity with either white grease or wheel bearing grease.
you sure don't want that spring to pop out.
another thing i do, is install the cover loosely, then install the damper 1/2 way. this centers the damper in the seal bore.
snug up the cover bolts you can get to so the cover does not move, then remove the damper [if necessary] to get to the rest of the cover bolts.
then install the damper fully.
this is an extra step, but it can be the difference between the new seal doing it's job, or not.
these days with the questionably quality of all parts in general, every [extra] step necessary to insure the part functions the way intended, is well worth the extra effort needed to do so.
beer
26 2,043 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:25 PM
I don't want anyone writing on my car. Don't care who they are.
17 730 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:24 PM
Congratulations up
5 276 Read More
04/25/24 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hoop
Well, I seen my mistake right after I got on hear last time, I had the round part backwards, my bolts was not flat, turned it around they went in & I got it to work & got it pulled off!

great to hear. up
beer
10 574 Read More
04/25/24 03:18 PM
great to hear when issues are fixed !
beer
5 541 Read More
04/25/24 03:16 PM
Actually anyone have a good idea about how much to list this thing for? Not worried about getting maximum dollar, just want it out of my garage and in a good home.
21 1,275 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:12 PM
i think i will sign my own car, just because ! whistling fan laugh2
what can i use to spray over my signature to "preserve" it ?
beer
17 730 Read More
04/25/24 03:12 PM
Just an FYI on your project.

About the interlock side covers. The forks are stronger but the interlock system is prone to break.

The preferred upgrade is to use the stronger steel forks with the older ball and detent style cover.

I can't afford it but would be curious what you sell it for.
21 1,275 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/25/24 03:11 PM
I hear Milan is racing next weekend whistling
107 18,204 Read More
Moparts A Body
04/25/24 03:09 PM
Mr. Norms - Dream Motors Super Charger vintage sticker - $40 - Will sell unframed for $25

NEW - Pack of (3) different Master cylinder gaskets ; 2) foam 1) gasket material - $6

NEW- Power steering return hose/clamps - $10

NEW - A BODY Fresh air vent to cowl seal (DMT) 63-66 fresh air vent to cowl, 67-76 NON A/C heater box to cowl, 67-72 AC heater box to cowl $8

NEW - Horn buzzer relay (aftermarket) - $15

NEW - Header bolts hex head (9) - $10

NEW - 69-74 brake distribution block part #BLK250 - $60

NEW - (rebuilt) by Brake/Equipment Warehouse in MN - Weatherhead brake distribution valve - $200

NEW - 72-76 A body Rear axle brake line brass T (no bolt) - $15

NEW - 1970-71 340-440 Carter AVS Idle solenoid bracket - $30

NEW - LARGE chrome master cylinder cover with bail wire - says "WARNING - clean filler cap before removing, use only DOT3 fluid from a sealed container" - $25

USED - misc. seat belt mounting bolts x 12 - $20

USED - freshly refurbished A body blower motor mounting bracket to firewall with new gasket - $30

****PM IF YOU NEED TO SEE CLOSE UP OF A PARTICULAR PART - THANKS****
34 3,788 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:08 PM
super happy you got the trademark ! up
beer
5 276 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:07 PM
another place to list is the e-bag "classifieds".
i'm in the process of getting my wife's 1994 chrysler concorde ready to sell.
it's almost mint, runs great, and looks good. plus, it has 100% all new AC parts, with the exception of one hard line. however, the edmunds book lists the high book price as $595.00............ laugh2
i'm going to get CONSIDERABLY more than that, or i'll demo derby it ! whistling devil [well, not really]
beer
17 725 Read More
04/25/24 03:05 PM
Damn, that's a lot of knowledge. Thank you so much for all of the insight. I'll try to get all of the info wrapped up and get it posted for sale.
21 1,275 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:57 PM
very nice car ! i just LOVE those 62,63, 64, and 65 cars ! boogie
the name you chose fits, and looks to be a quality job. up
beer
71 5,055 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Kudakidd
What are your thoughts regarding a celebrity signing your car? Does it add to the value, or who cares?

If the car has a story with the person it may make it worth more. Like Petty signing a car he actually raced adds authenticity.

But Burt Reynolds signing every black and gold trans am put in front of him adds no value in my opinion. I like Burt's movies and I like Trans Am's from that era but Burt signing a car he never drove is just a signature.

By the way,

How well is that panel van with Bill Cosby's signature selling right now? shruggy
17 730 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:54 PM
this reminds me of an incident back in my junkyard ownership days.............[1972-1984/5]
one day, my brother was under the hood of his vega, [ haha panic laugh2] beating the pi$$ out of something with a big hammer. casually, i wondered over to see what was what with that.
seems he had "found the cure" to his starter issues was to beat on the solenoid..........
i casually told him i "knew a guy" in the parts business. biggrin
one junkyard starter later, all was well in the world............
he never did pay for that starter.........[the rat !]
beer
29 1,169 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
It looked like they had the mod squad challenger convertible and the phantasm 2 movie cuda there too. drive And alot of wing cars, challengers, roadrunners drive

Yes, the Mod Squad Challenger was there.
Not sure about the Phantasm car
17 541 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:46 PM
not polish food, but often times when the old man would watch Chiller Theater ["Chilly Billy Cardilly", host] with us, he would make a trip to one of the local bars that a specialty brat, cooked in pure beer [no water ever !] served with a specialty [secret] sauce, and bring home a batch of those to enjoy while we watched those cool old black-n-whites. YUM ! drool
beer
135 10,324 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by poorboy

Yep, I believe drilling the mounting holes a bit larger diameter solved that problem, it seems to me the threaded holes in the 273 and the 318 heads were at a slightly different angles. Opening up the holes on the intake allowed the bolts to be threaded into the heads and the slight difference in the angles didn't cause any sealing issues. But it was a long time ago.

Exactly right, that's how I put a Performer intake on my 65 273.

did the performer intake have the small ports ? what size did you drill the holes to ? did you use washers under the bolt heads ?
beer
8 584 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:36 PM
I don't care one bit. I could see how certain signatures on certain cars might add a bit of appeal/value, but only in a very specific set of circumstances.

There was a guy in Hemmings selling a street rod, and he put in the ad "Glovebox signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster)." It wasn't a Munster Koach or Drag-U-La, just some generic street rod. Who cares? In fact, now I have to repaint the glove box door if I buy it, so it's not a selling point, it's a detractor.
17 730 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:36 PM
I know my old boss had the trademark for a while when we made that modern Challenger S&M giveaway car in the early 2010's, glad it has gone to you! up
5 276 Read More
04/25/24 02:29 PM
Did some checking and it turns out repros are kind of pricey. So my new question is With modern radios does this serve any purpose other than looking correct?
2 226 Read More
Page 5 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 38 39