Quote:

You're correct. The valve bodies that do not have low band apply must not have a trans brake. So that would indicate that all trans brake valve bodies that utilize the front clutch to activate the trans brake are also low band apply units. I never realized this until you mentioned the two clutches applied. Thanks

As for the brake applying the front clutch and the rear band, are you sure of this or does the brake simply apply the front clutch and the band is applied through the manual valve movement? I guess an easy way to check would be to have the trans in neutral and push the brake button. If the car backs up, then it would indicate that the brake applies both but if is does nothing, then it would only be applying the front clutch, correct?

My T/A brake does nothing in neutral, as I said it's claimed to have a timed rear band release. After the front clutch is released the rear band can be released anytime before the 1-2 shift. My VB has no 1st gear braking so the valvebody is not applying the rear band, the brake portion is doing it. As I said though I've never really studied it to see how it works, as long as it worked I just wasn't that curious. This episode though has me thinking.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.