Quote:

I thought 2 to 3 threads was ideal , if you go to 0 wouldn't the cups hit the rocker body?

Are your pushrods ball/cup or did you switch to ball ball and cups on the rockers ?

I discussed this with Dwayne a month or so ago. Basically you get the pushrod length set to where the feed hole has a straight shot at the cup...and the number of threads or lackthereof, falls where it may. I knew the pushrods Im using are a hair short, but nothing major.

And no, at 0 threads it wont be hitting the rocker body..

Cup pushrods, ball adjusters.

Ive stripped the Hughes rockers off, and thrown them in a box. Last night I put a set of HS rockers on, and ran the drill to see what the oiling looks like. I have tested 6 different brands of rockers over the past 8 months or so. The HS rockers are the ONLY ones that when oil is running out of the feed hole, it actually hits the screw/cup. All the others, oil would just run down the back of the rocker. I could still use a hair longer pushrod to have the relationship between the cup and feed hole ideal, but I'll run it a few miles and see what happens..........

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.