Quote:

Well I can say this with a fair amount of certainty. This particular car will always be known as a nicely restored car but one that does not have it's original broadcast sheet,fender tag, or any other factory documentation to back up it's current options. If it shows up for sale being represented as having the original of either (without solid proof that what is being represented is absalutely the original that has somehow been rediscovered) there are several people (self included) who will have history of it's past and lack of such. Of course if a future buyer were to not do his homework and investigate the cars past before buying it would be easy to get burned, that just makes it a buyer beware situation.

Interesting statement, which leads me to think that many E-Bodies on the current market have been dressed up with options they did not have in the first place.

However, I do not really get the point about the value. Any BS27H0B is a 1 of 155 Plymouth Cuda 340 convertibles, which by Detroit production standards is ultra rare. So if this BS27H0B has a rallye cluster dash with a rimblow steering wheel and this other BS27H0B has a standard dash with a woodgrain steering wheel, what is the difference, since there are both 1 of 155 Cuda 340 convertibles ?

Personnally, I had a BP23C0B before, which has a rimblow steering wheel. I like it better than the woodgrain steering wheel that is in my current BS27H0B now. Will I swap steering wheels someday ? YES, if I can find a nice rimblow steering wheel at a swap meet or restoration dealer. Will I add that to the fender tag ? NO, since I'm not into this alphabet soup thing anyhow. Will I tell the next owner that the rimblow steering wheel was there from the start ? NO, because it would be as ridicoulous as telling him that the original air is still in the tyres

Now, if by any chance the fender tag and/or build sheet does show up someday, I'll post it here so we can all have a tiny bit more of MOPAR's great past history

Last edited by docford; 04/27/11 05:57 PM.