Let me pose a question to anyone/everyone here. I have my fendertag, and Ive been restoring my car for 5 plus years now. Seems like Ive had the money, spent the money, had the money and so on. A couple of times I have thought I misplaced it. This despite being in my sock drawer right beside my bed. What if........

1. I had an additional tag made with my absolutely correct and original tag as reference and documentation?? Just asking now..

2. Or what if a person had a fender tag made with the word,clone, reproduction stamped on the front of the tag??

Where do these instances fit into the ethical, or moral standards of the hobby? Im sure there will be different answers here. A reproduction made from the original on file. And I mean if on file its on file etc with the ethics police here. I know people have gotten paranoid about others stealing or they themselves misplacing their fendertag.

Or if the wording shows reproduction/clone clearly shows no intent of deception, in fact shows otherwise.

My car is just a 383 car so its no high bred, high dollar car and Im glad I have my tag, but Lord help me if something should happen like my house burns down, or my wife gets aggressive and decides to spring clean my sock drawer, despite the title, the tag and other documentation is clearly marked IMPORTANT DO NOT THROW AWAY.