Quote:

They will mate properly if you offset them 1/8" (.125") and NOT the 1/2" or so that appears in your above photo
I only suggest the offset because your motor is together and there is no way to determine the seals will be aligned when the main cap is torqued.

Sillycone Will Not cure the problem of the seal halves not mating properly, trust me. When the main cap is torqued where do you think the sillycone oozes out to?........ Little hint, between the seal and the crankshaft

Only assembly lube should be on the seal (back side and seal lip). Only place for sealer is on the main cap seals if they are of the design that are seperate from the seal itself. (See Photo)

You make a good point about the silicone oozing out on the crank and the offset. I just want to make sure it won't leak again. That's why I ask so many questions. I appreciate your input along with everyone elses. I've been wrenching on these mopars for over 25 years but not afraid to admit I don't know everything about them and have made my share of mistakes. Thanks again.