Quote:

I can only check the seals to see if they mate. That doesn't mean they will mate when they are installed. Main cap to block allignment I did not check. Motor was built 3 years ago.
So if both of these issues are off and I do not use sillycone, chances are I will have a leak. But if I use sillycone (silicone) in both thes places, are you saying there is more potential for a leak ? By the way "The Right Stuff" is the wrong price. $20 for a 4 oz tube.

They will mate properly if you offset them 1/8" (.125") and NOT the 1/2" or so that appears in your above photo
I only suggest the offset because your motor is together and there is no way to determine the seals will be aligned when the main cap is torqued.

Sillycone Will Not cure the problem of the seal halves not mating properly, trust me. When the main cap is torqued where do you think the sillycone oozes out to?........ Little hint, between the seal and the crankshaft

Only assembly lube should be on the seal (back side and seal lip). Only place for sealer is on the main cap seals if they are of the design that are seperate from the seal itself. (See Photo)

6591036-#9340.jpg (481 downloads)