Quote:

Quote:

I understand what you mean by the dome "getting in the way"....but how does that affect your car? Decreased performance? Gas Mileage? I was looking at getting the dome to help with CR since everyone was saying 9.5:1 wasn't enough for that cam. The dome would put it about 10:1.

In a perfect world the flame front would progress faster across a flat piston than one w hills but a flattop piston w enough CH to get quench will most likely give you too high of CR plus you'll need valve reliefs machined. Get the KB's w the quench plateau & mockup/machine to get quench (.040" max) plus the right SCR for your app

The thing is the dome isn't on the side where quench is obtained, it's in the chamber area... To get quench you need a closed chamber head which I believe is what the O/P is planning to run... So at the point quench becomes a function of how far the piston is in the hole & head gasket selection.... There are no off the shelf quench dome pistons for 383's...

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."