Quote:

sounds pretty good. I'd mockup & check actual deck height b 4 ordering the cometics to keep your quench. What octane? the angled plugs MAY pose a prob (someone will chime in). I am not a cam guy. I'd get a 3" mandrel ex system from the HP manifolds back like Andy did on his build (it's in the archives) & will need X pipe/proper muffs/rear resonators to keep the noise manageable. Yes .037" quench is perfect (measured in each hole) . Dont balance till you get the valve reliefs and or piston deck milled (if needed) EDIT you'll prob want the CR to b higher (forgot about the alum head effect)

Why would he need to mill the piston decks ??? You're the only loon I know that is milling quench dome pistons for use with a closed chamber head. (but I do have to admit I suggested doing that to a person doing a 440 that has quench head pistons already because his deck heights are all over the place due to crank stroke difference and/or connecting rod difference)...

Unless he has serious piston to wall clearance I can't see a piston that is .010 in the hole tipping enough to come above the deck and hit a head that is .027 above it.

One thing he does need to check is piston to valve clearance because those pistons don't have valve reliefs.

As far as the build , bigger carb (a 750 but NOT the performer series Ebrock carb) and a different cam, something in a solid , like the MP .528 .