Quote:

Sure they work. A lot of things work. Some things work better than others.

Bottom line is for how long?

A friend of mine had them on a V8 AMC AMX (1979 or 1981,...whatever?).
He loaded the car with a 1968 Javelin drivetrain (343 ci, 4speed, and 4.10 rear end). He had slapper bars on the rear.

First time out he broke the tailshaft of the tranny and damaged the driveshaft.

He replace the 4spd, new driveshaft. Within a handfull of passes the spring perches broke and put him back on the trailer.

Replaced the 4 spd with an amc 727 and 4000 stall. Next outing, it only took a couple of passes and he spun the center of the rear end at the housing ends in the '68 Javelin rear end.

This was only a low 12 car that should have been in the 11's with ease.

I always heard slappers eventually bend things.

I was there, witnessing things bend till they broke.

We repaired things, and I removed the factory clamps on the rear segments. The rear segments fan about a foot on launch. Still running low 12's for a few outings, then performance started to go away.

This car ran in Bens' Promax headsup street series that was at Indy a few years back. The motor was hurt that day.

After seeing all that, I would not run slappers on a serious car. It's not worth the grief.

I like your car, we ran something like that around 1972 with a 360 in it.

I agree 100%. With any kind of power slapper bars will break an 83/4's axel tubes. My old cuda ran 1.36 60' with mexico SS springs and mopar drag shocks with no snubber on DOT tires. I wouldnt run them. As far as the Cal tracs, Why spend another 600$ to replace some thing that already seems to be workin good.