Quote:

If for no other reason you should replace the 46 year old leaf springs before you break one and wind up mowing down the tree, hit the wall, or hitting the car in the other lane. If you can afford a decent running engine and a good stall conveter you should be able to buy a set of new leaf springs for $225 and a new set of shocks. Only takes a few hours to change them. And yes, a good working set of springs will transfer rhe weight better and can make better use of existing engine, trans, converter you allready have. My demon was picking the wheels 6 to 8 inches when running low 12s 1/4 mile, 7.50s 1/8th mile on Direct Connection S/S leaf springs.

Slapper bars on a Mopar make me and most other mopar guys LOL. Because it has been proven many times over they are not necessary. They were invented for wheel hopping mono-leaf spring equiped generic motors cars. I can't remember how many Novas and Camaros I have seen with Mopar S/S springs.
Keep them on there and we will just keep laughing.

Getting big air means nothing and actually slows you down .I was just showing that pic of my car to prove that the tires are dead hooking (obviously).Here is a pic of my freind Herbs 60 getting mucho air.Guess what it runs mid to low 12's but gets on the bumper nearly everytime he launches thanks to a Richmond 5 spd ,5.13 gears and a 7500 rpm clutch side step .He and others actually refer to it as "the fastest 12 second car in the world"I was in the other lane on this pass and i went 7.17 to his low 8 pass.Wheelies are for the fans and my freind puts on a good show which is what the Nostalgia thing is all about .BTW sorry for the Bowtie pic mods.It was the best example i had a pic of the slow wheelie thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...