Quote:

Wheelies are the result of a good working car. And the spectaters love them. I normally keep 30lbs on the nose to keep it down. I have won many bracket races with the front wheels 3 feet in the air and landing 150 feet out every pass. The wheels in the air slow the car down very little to none. The picture in my reply was at the Bryon Wheelstand contest. I moved the 30lbs from the nose to the trunk and chipped it up from a 3800 to 4400 RPM launch. Was well worth it for the $10000 check I got to deposit the following monday morning.

FWIW the motor/trans in my car is probably not much different than yours. 418 c.i. small block with 1973 production heads, flat top pistons, .590 flat tappet cam, 727 trans, 8" converter and 4.56 gear.

Now, order a set of S/S springs and competition engineering shocks. Install the new stuff and put the slapper bars in the trash, then go to the track and let us all know how it all works.

Sorry ,but there is a slight difference in a car that launches with 4.56 gears and a low geared 1st in 3 spd 727 at 4400 rpm vrs one that has a 1.76 low PG and 4.10 gears at 3500 rpm .BTW my 408 is a 10 to 1 motor with a .484 lift 235 duration cam with unported iron heads ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...