Quote:

Quote:

If $10 is going to break anyone who races at the tracks there in poor shape anyways....
But my thoughts also this might also cut down on the kids, and general idiots flying through the pits causing accidents, personal damage also.
I have had several close calls at my local tracks with kids riding out not looking people driving in the middle of the return roads or pits, not having enough brains to think hey... "I might not be the only person in the World out today"
I simply wish for stricter rules on pit bikes and drivers. This coming from someone who knows and have experienced first hand what a dummy can do at the track.

the amount of maoney has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Your right, its the principle. Some may say, "its only 10 bucks", well it is now. How about next year when NHRA execs are sitting around figuring out how to increase revenue? Chassis stickers, License, Oil down fees, nat event entry fees, pit vehicle fees.... just something else to hike up in the future.
This topic has no easy solution, problem stems from the fact that there are lots of "dummys" at the tracks and just like out on the roads, you have to be a defensive driver, no matter what the vehicle. Now throw in the facts that people walk around at the tracks not paying attention and in the middle of the roads, cars have scoops and limited visability, the aforementioned intellect of some of the racers/ cart drivers, and then throw in some adrenaline....people do some stupid (four letter expletive). Yes, there needs to be some accountability, but money is not going to have any effect on stopping this. Tracks need to police the pits with a no tolerance policy. People driving cars or carts too fast-they're out, underage kids driving your cart-they're out, burnouts in pits-they're out, etc... You cannot make people smarter, but you can make them adhere to the rules.