Quote:

Quote:

they question is are they worth it , my answer is still NO!!

I respectfully disagree with this statement. That being said you cannot bolt a set of Caltracs and mono's on and expect them to word right off the bat. You have to spend time dialing them in. Sometimes that means endless testing to get them right and other times you may hit the "sweet" combo right away. But when you do hit it, you'll know! My 60's before Caltracs were in the 1.50's to high 1.40s. Footbraking with them I had a best of 1.40, and on the Trans brake it goes 1.37 and 1.40 on the rear tires!

The key is to test and dial them in. It could get frustrating at times but the pay off is huge

I am going to respectfully disagree with you What you are saying makes sense for the most part but im guessing you have a track in your back yard. I had cal-tracs in my black 64 when I first put it together. Took it to the track, car hooked but results were marginal at best. The price of cal tracs, mono's and afco shocks is almost the same as ladder bar setup and coils. The only price difference is really labor to put it in the ladder bar. We put in a ladder bar, scaled the car and it worked flawlessly on the first hit.

In the end I looked at it as a cost savings. I don't live super close to the track. So a tank of diesel fuel, taking time off work, packing a cooler, paying entry fee etc. every time you go out, test and tunes become expensive. I look at it as two lackluster trips to test just paid for my suspension setup that works.

Anything can be made to work, but is cost effective to try and make it work? The way i see it unless you are in a class that makes you use a constraint (stock suspension classes) why bother with them.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)