Quote:

Cuda will be going for low compression 340 to a 550+ hp 418. I already have M/T Drag Radials, but have been recommended Caltracs. I'm a novice, so who here runs them? Are they worth the $$$ and hassle? Is there a better alternative? Not crazy about the traction bar look, but if it's necessary, I'll do what I need to for traction.

Thanks,

Bolting the cal-tracs to your existing springs will give you an improvement in traction without changing the ride stance of your car, all for about $340. The 9-way shocks are nice for additional adjust-ability, but not 100% necessary. The mono-springs will add a little more movement for extra traction if needed.

One of the nice advantages of the cal-tracs is being able to add pre-load to the passenger side to insure even traction on both sides for a straighter launch. Something that can not be done with SS springs.

SS springs will raise the back of the car about 2" which some feel is a "proper" stance for a Mopar. But now days, the "low" look seems to be more desired, and is my preference.

I have run SS-springs, Cal-tracs, and ladder bars on the street and the track since 1982. I remember adding 1/4" steel plates to the pinion snubber area for the SS springs as the original floor pan distorted. The ladder bars worked great, but rode stiff and noisy.

I feel that for a street driven car, the Cal-tracs are my top choice for a traction aid.

Scott