Quote:

the summery of this entire thread, the driver that makes the fewest mistakes wins...and that doesn't come in any electronic box.

I disagree James,

Lets say I pull to the line, let go of the trans brake on time, and run the car all the way to the finish line.
The delay box is set at .025, and the T-stop timer has 1.82 in it, I go .002 on tree and run 10.901....003 package, perfect, almost unbeatable.

Lets say I did everything the same, and the delay is .020.. I go .003 red, the race is over before I clear the tree.

Lets say I did everything the same, but had 1.92 in the t-stop timer, and ran 10.951 out the back on my 10.90 dial, and some guy is whopping the throttle on the big end and making me look like an idiot.

In all 3 intances the driver and the car repeated perfectly, and the numbers the crewchief put in that electronic box spelled the difference between victory and abject failure.

Craig,
You probably think the DH is lame, the 24 second clock, the 3 point line? Still wished football players wore leather helmets, and everyone raced on pie crust slicks with straight axles, and dual point distributors? Hmm, I'm 46 years old, and never once in my life have I ever been compelled to call anything "lame".

6483799-IMAGE0003.JPG (93 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines