Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I see i'm beating a dead horse here. I forgot Mopar people are cheap. I'm just tired of beating my head against the wall with the SB stuff. Spent a lot of money and we are still just a participant, I want to be the car to beat. Time to look more seriously at the Predator or 99 Hemi stuff. Flame on!

Mike Gray

Sorry for Dragging up an Old Post BUT: some new found Friends and Knowledge have shed some lights on your Comment. and I have to Agree!

Your right if your running a SB your just going to be another participant. Ask Billy Glidden: He's been pushing a SB Ford against all the others in his class for years and last 1-2 years finally admitted he's going to finally have to bite the bullet and go BIG or Go Home.

Only way your going to be the CAR TO BEAT with Mopar Power is 1 of 2 ways.

1: Indy Maxx 655 with Predator Heads and a Pair of 88-91mm Turbos out front.

2: Jon Kaase 820cui Mopar Hemi (He does Hemis in 3 flavors) and 3-5 stages of nitrous.

And have it in a car that's under 2800lbs.

There was a Guy out of Va that had a W9 headed single turbo Blow Through in an Avenger on Alcohol. Made a few 6.9 passes but haven't heard anything since. Had potential BUT no dedication I guess?

Problem with SB is the maintenance, and it ain't oil changes either.

Honestly when you get to those levels, I'd be calling on people like Sonny, Kaase, or Fulton.

Most of the guys that run their engines the only thing Ford or Chevy about their vehicles is the appearance.

I know 1 guy that has Run Fords, Chevies and Pontiacs and all had Fulton Power under the hood. That's all he'll run. He could car less what the actual car is.

Kenny, those combinations are not legal for our local small tire class. We went to a dual disc clutch and Browell 8 5/8 can as well as putting the Dart on a 250 pound weight loss program. We went out last weekend for the first time this year and we weren't even close on the clutch, we will be testing tomorrow and racing Sat. if all goes well. Trying to make the best of what we have.

Mike Gray

Mike,

I'm starting to get Confused with all these SMALL TIRE Class rules at Local tracks. I thought that was the purpose of Small Tire classes to eliminate the need for so many restrictive RULES.

Basically build whatever you want as long as it meets safety and you can get the power to the ground through XXX-wide tire. Let the TIRES be the restriction / equalizer.

What size Tire are you running in your class?