Quote:

well this is what i feel,there are maybe 50 super bad A#^ sb mopars in the country,when i say bad i mean 8's,so u guys are pioneers..chevy and ford have spent millions on research..mopar hasn't spent doo doo in yrs...my respect and i think 99pct of chevy guys respect u guys alot..cause they know it aint easy with a mopar sb btw 50 might be a little high

50 is probably a high # I would think. I do get alot of respect for sure from the Ford and Chevy guys. But I am a hardcore Mopar guy. I am planning on building a new 10.5 Challenger this year. Will it have a Gen II hemi or a radical smallblock? That has yet to be decided. Will the Gen III hemi and the new challenger bring Mopars racing back to its glory days? Who knows. All I am saying is if more of the mopar community was willing to spend a little extra here and there I believe more parts would be available to us. I know everyone has a limited budget for racing. I set out an entire year to switch from NOS to a procharger. Was I the fastest car? No! But I made every race, even after hitting the wall, dropping a valve, and shearing the geardrive bolts off the balancer. It took dedication and alot of elbow grease. I won the championship by one point. Since I was not the fastest car I did alot of research and decided to switch to a turbo. A procharger and geardrive eats up alot of power on a 360" motor. I run an overweight A-body against a slew of modern mustangs and camaros. Do they have an advantage? Yes. They are lighter and have a vast assortment of parts to choose from. Do I make more power than them? Yes I do. And will do even better at it this year. Ford and chevy are not the ones building the parts in these high horsepower engines, the aftermarket community is. There were more darts, demons, dusters, valiants, and barracudas built than 67-69 camaros. And I bet there are 20 times more camaros from this era that can outrun the racy built Mopars. It started when we started worrying about these cars values rather than how fast we can make one run. I am willing to build whatever is available to me to make me competitive in whichever class I choose to run. And its no more expensive to build a Mopar than a chevy or ford when it comes to real power these days. Just harder to find the right parts. Good luck to you all. See you in the staging lanes!

6467132-dusterburnout.jpg (284 downloads)

2010 Toxic Orange Challenger built by B and B Racecars! All aluminum R4/P5 engine, Proformance TH400 (3 speed) tranny, full Reid case, nodular 9" rearend, full Dragpak suspension, Protorque custom converter, BS3, PTE 85mm turbo, fire core wires, carbon doors, carbon front clip, and a whole lot more!