Quote:

typically speaking in a 440 with 2295s how much are the valve pockets good too? my slugs are about 070 in the hole and i want to run a 600 net lift cam. if i need more clearance how and i going to get it?

Installed the crankshaft, camshaft, timing gears and chain,number one piston and rod, put a set of light checking springs on the head on number one cylinder, put the solid or roller lifters, whichever one your using, in and a set of pushrods and the rocker assembly on the heads, set the lash and check with a dial indictor off of the spring retainers to see how much valve to piston clearances you have. Not knowing the duration, lobe center of the cam, where the cam is installed at on the intake lobe centers, the rocker arm ratio and so on limit our abiltity to make a SWAG All kidding aside it is always best to check these things very carefully so you know what you have as far as the cam lobe centers and the piston to valve seals, piston to valves clearnaces, both the intake and exhaust valves and so on If you can't do this yourself see if someone who lives close to you can help you on this I have seen Mopar Purple shaft 284 degree street hemi grinds not fit in a motor like your talking about and a big solid roller race cam fit very well You have to check them to be sure Now, get to work Let us know what you find

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)