I would as long as it was a plastic barrel, with pure water or coolant.
Heck I would pull a 220, or 440 volt line in with me. However DC would be more dangerous than ac lines, and I would do that too.

The reason pure water doesn't conduct is it has no free electrons to move.

No way for it to complete the circuit, so no power flows.
for 99 cents you can prove it to yourself. buy a bottle of distilled water, not ozarkas and you can put both leads of a battery in it and see nothing happens.

try that with tap water and you might get a spark. Now add salt to the water and you create a dead short.
more disolved stuff in the water, the better a conductor it is.

Now my bet is the op's coolant was old.
The only scam they could pull is touch the side of the rad and complete the circuit if it was new coolant and distilled water.

OR they flushed and filled with tap water.

Quote:

Just sayin'?
Just saying what? That's one of the most ignorant phrases I've ever heard

Feets, I wasn't meaning to be serious. I respect your opinion because you have been on this site for a good long time, just as I have been on and off for about as long. Now, that being said, I would like to ask if you would be willing to get in a barrel of distilled water, or pure water as you said, with an exposed cord of 110v running through said cord. I wouldn't. Explain how that would or wouldn't electrocute me or you. You may have a good answer that I am willing to hear. I know this is off the original topic of current through a radiator, but I am just going off what you have written.

Secondly, " Just Sayin' " is not not grammatically correct. The term is slang. Yes, it would be "just saying" if used correctly in a sentence. It is a popular usage of slang/vernacular when somebody says something and they are putting a tone of inflection when they say "just sayin'" at the end of their statement. It is a way of trying to be nice instead of being forceful or matter of factly about what they just said.

Lastly, surely you must be kidding about that being one of the most ignorant things you have ever heard? Really? I understand if you think I was trying make fun of you. That was not the case. Tongue in cheek is the way it was meant. It was a joke.