Quote:

I am looking at running a Solid roller "street grind" Comp-Cams:

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=741&sb=2

I am trying to find an answer on oiling mods... I keep running into information on people blocking ports, bushing bores, external pickups.. Blah Blah!!

What would I need to do in order to run the above specd camshaft? I already have the lifters from Comp and thats why I decided on running a roller.

install the cam, check the piston to valve clearances after degreeing the cam, install all of the lifters and fill the oil pan up and prime the motor while slowly rotating the crankshaft over, use a mechanical oil pressure gauge that you can see and if the oil pressure does not drop while rotating the motor over your good to go, if it drops off some or goes to zero while priming and rotating you'll need to have that block bushed. I've installed a bunch of solid roller cams in hemis, RB and B motors that didn't need the lifter bores bushed or any other oiling mods I did have one early casting 1966 street 426 hemi block that needed to have the left side oil galley blocked off due to that brand solid roller lifters exposing that side oil galley at full lift The right side(passenger side) was good My street 518 C.I. low deck has a .700+ lift at the retainers custom ground Comp Cams solid roller cam and Crower SKIRTED solid roller lifters with no bushings, stock 3/8 oil pick up with a high volume pump and a stock 6 quart 1970-71 Street hemi oil pan with stock windage tray and home made crankshaft oil scraper, shift it at or above 7000 RPM all the time, 3000 + street miles with no oiling problems Make sure if your cam is a steel billet core to buy and use the bronze oil pump drive gear also

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)