Quote:

Good call guys...toss it out.

Now that is funny, but true. Mopar guys love to live in the past and remember the good ole days. Well the truth is, today is the good ole days. The GM LS engine, 5.0 Ford, and Mopar 5.7/6.2 Hemi are better engines than anything from the past, and are the future of hot rodding. They are such great engines. Have you ever had a ride in a new 2011 5.0 Mustang, SS Camaro, or SRT Challenger? I have, and they are damn fast in stock form. How can you not be impressed by a stock Mustang 5.0 that runs 12.8 out of the box, with no modifications, and high 11's with a some slight hot rodding? Hardly any 1960's muscle car could run that fast in stock form. They are 10 times better cars in every way than the old iron we all dream about owning.

The LS engine in particular has made hot rodding affordable for the masses again. Not everyone can afford a cross ram hemi, max wedge, or stroker big block, or stroker small block, or even wants to. I am a mopar guy to the core, and I own a max wedge, but I love these new engines also. If you are not impressed with the power they can make with such little effort, you need to educate yourself and begin to understand why every magazine is doing articles on LS engines lately. The 5.0 engine is the new kid on the block, but you will see more and more aftermarket parts, and magazine articles for it as well. It will not go away, so get used to it, or bury you head in the sand and live in ignorance.