Quote:

Quote:

There's a ton of misinformation in this thread. For one thing, "Not for Hire" don't mean squat on the side of your rig. It just makes you look stupid.

, Thats funny, but it actually makes my life easier by sorting out the wannabes.

Looking stupid or not, a few years ago I picked up a new rollback wrecker for a friends towing service; I drove to Wisconsin and put my Intrepid on the back for the return trip. I was pulled to the back at TWO different weigh stations - once in Ohio, once in Mi - both times for no Commercial lettering. I was told the only thing that saved me from a ticket was the car on the bed was registered to me - otherwise the wrecker (because of the GVW) needed either commercial lettering or a "Not for Hire" (or a non-commercial designation) on both sides. In Mi, all commercial vehicles need to be lettered, whether it is enforced or not. This summer they cracked down on all the new "lawn services" that sprung up around here _- two guys, a beat up truck, and an open trailer with mowers, etc. - no ID on doors got ticketed for not being ID'ed as commercial. Yeah, even the Pizza Geeks sign on the top of the car has to be there, because the car is being used as commercial.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........