Quote:

Well, if you have a Motorhome or long rig you need to be aware of what's coming down in the now and future.

Since the States are broke, they need revenue. Tickets are revenue. I know there has been several posts on this, including the one last year by BGR.
But, I now know a good friend who got a very large ticket coming home from Pomona.

It was for over length in a Motorhome/Trailer combo. It's 65' in CA. His Combo is over 70'..
CHP said SHE got 3 others for the same thing on her shift..

So you say MH's are exempt?? Not in California any more.. He also got a "NO CDL" ticket too.. Why?? Because the MH has a GVW of 29,000 on the door.. Anything over 25,999 must have a CDL in CA. Over $450.00 so far, and now has to go to court in Indio or Blythe CA. and get legal with a CDL..

You will have to go to Needles..
Though Needles is an isolated cowtown, the judge in traffic court is actually pretty reasonable..
Before one panics, think through each violation and be prepared to rationalize with the judge explaining you didn't know all the nitty gritty stuff..

I got a speeding ticket on Interstate 40 doing about 100 MPH @ 11:00PM and was clocked by radar..
When I went to court, the judge cut it down to 80MPH in a 70 zone. And gave me traffic school even though I had traffic school 2 months prior...

Cost me $85 and no points..

Just my $0.02..