Quote:

Bob, In a nutshell, you need to do the exact opposite of your first sentence in your post. To get the full potential out of one of these Hemi's, at this weight, you absolutely have to rely on the 7531, and find the sweet spot, as far as building instant wheel speed, and managing a constant graph going downtrack, with the most minimal slippage on your gear change. In the N/A world, the 3rd gear is almost considered a "Power adder" as you are going downtrack. I have a Rossler TH210 with all of the lightest internals that Rossler currently offers, and I couldn't be happier. My 8" ATI converter flashes at 8500, and my shift points are set at 9400 (which is an insane feeling when you are skating around on a true 10.5 tire)
My current rear gear is a 5.38, and the converter, according to the Racepak, is only slipping 4%, so, it is in the ballpark.

Here is the info off of the last pass that I made with the car in June, in 5500 feet of air. Outside temp was 96 degrees, Track temp was 122 degrees, in Vegas. (This was only the 3rd pass ever, on this combo)

60 foot: 1.300
1/8th mile: 5.33
1/4 mile: 8.56
MPH: 158.96

Although this doesn't look impressive, I was pumped due to the following reasons.....

We took 15 degrees of timing out for 1.5 seconds, and it still went 1.30 flat 60 foot.

The car literally spins ALLLLL the way through 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear, I mean to the point of hazing the tire all the way down the track. On this pass, I pedaled it twice, as I thought I was going to stuff it into the wall, and the Racepak showed that I was out of the throttle for a total of .38 seconds.

I gathered the car just passed the 1/8th mile cone, and laid into until the 1000 foot cone, where it got very loose again. I let out completely and pulled the chute. Game over.

This car is nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near it's potential, as we clearly know that we have the car set-up as a POOCH at the hit, and we have only set the shift light to 9400 on the 1-2 & 2-3 one time. (On the pass above)
We have our work cut out for us, in finding that sweet spot, but, I couldn't imagine trying to work with this motor, using a glide. As far as the torque comment, I only know this by the motors that I have owned, but, my old B1-MC motor that now belongs to Al Alguire, made way more torque than this Hemi, which I see as a huge benefit, on this little tire. The problem, however, is the add'l. 350+ HP that this Hemi makes, over my old B1-MC.

I do not know, as I have no knowledge of anyone else in the country with a car set up like mine, but, I would be willing to give the glide a try, if my car weighed 2600-2800 lbs, but, that is not the case. I feel like the 3 speed is a must at this weight.

Here are, what I believe, have been my most valuable assets so far, with this motor...

The 7531 - (Can't wait to give it all of the timing much quicker)

Racepak V-300SD - Hands down IN-Valuable!

I am sure that when all is said and done, before this car meets it's potential, I will probably go through a few converters, and a few gear changes, but, there is no way that I will get rid of the 3 speed. I never, in a million years, thought that this motor would be as "Finnicky" as it is. I was told by Bob Panella that these Pro Stockers are like a high maintenance woman, and it is sooooooo true. (But, still worth it, as it is the most bad-a$$ Mopar engine on the planet)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Absolutely amazing!