Quote:

BTW, I checked the passage way on both heads a while back and did not find any restrictions.

Before buying another set of rockers, what would be a good way to determine if I have sufficient flow to the top end? A while back I took the bolt out of the feed hole on the drivers side, cranked the motor (coil wire off) and oil shot out of it pretty high, dont remember how high, but a foot or so.

Well, it's really a pretty simple process of elimination. If you remove the stud from the oiling pedestal and you see a foot tall shot of oil shoot out then you know you're getting a supply of oil from the cam and through the block/head passages.

The next thing to check is if you remove the stud and replace it with a bolt does it change anything? Is the o.d. of the stud bigger than the o.d. of the bolt where the threads end? Also need to check the shaft holes to make sure they're all open and that there's no obstructions inside.

Also I saw you mention that it's not possible that the amount of adjuster out of the rocker is causing a problem. I disagree as I've seen this cause the exact failures you're encountering. If the adjuster is too long out of the bottom it can fling the oil off before it ever makes it to the cup. I know it seems impossible but it happens. It's kind of rocker specific as different rockers oil differently. Some will provide enough oil no matter how long the adjuster, and others will smoke cups if the length isn't perfect.