Im still fighting a pushrod cup oiling issue. Ive had 3 sets of rockers and 4 sets of pushrods on this motor, 440 with stock castings. First set of rockers are Dove rockers which are actually for B1-BS heads, but I swapped the Is for Es and the geometry was actually pretty good. I had 3 sets of pushrods in the motor with those rockers, all 3 different lengths. The first 2 set of pushrods would burn cups after a 50-100 miles or so. When I installed the last set of pushrods, banana grooved the shafts also. Thought I had the problem whipped. Took the VC's off after a few hundred miles and the pushrods, just below the cup was blued on most of the rods. Checked the oil supply to the cups with the motor running and very little oil was running down the pushrods. Put a set of stock adjustable rockers on and it alot of oil to the cups. You could see the oil swirl around the pushrods as the motor ran. But, the ratio worked out to be 1.39, so off they went. Now I have set of Hughes rockers on it, the older blue ones, made by Dove..New set of pushrods, different shafts, studs in the oil supply holes and almost no oil to the cups. The tips are oiling great just not the cups.

What the flip is going on?

The two sets of alumimum rockers have the oil feed hole for the cup in different places, so now I dont think it was an incorrect feed location on the first set of Doves.

Oil holes in the shafts are down as they should be.

I have spacers between the rockers thinking that maybe they were losing supply with the springs.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Last edited by Von; 11/23/10 01:54 AM.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.