Quote:

Hmmmm....... Ok so it is not recommended for higher torque and Hp levels.
My engine should make north of 700 hp and more tq. I have a forward shift pattern. My car is fairly light weight (2500 lbs approx.) and will be a street strip version.
What should I expect to be the down side of this shift pattern? Trans failure, or just not perform to the highest level?
Would the lighter car make the lower pressure less important?
I thougth I was about finished buying stuff and could finish this car. Now my tranny and shifter are in question!

I'm using a forward pattern manual VB with my 572 Hemi. I expect to see similar HP levels but in a heavy, 4000 pound car. So far its been good BUT I haven't leaned on it yet and never raced it as of yet.
For your application, you may get away with it since you are much lighter. If it will see mostly street duty, then chances are better.
Like everything else, you won't know unitl you try.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.