Quote:

The main caps do not just sit down in the block. You have to give them just a slight tap and they will go in place.

With no main caps installed the crank will turn free. I installed the #1 cap, torqued it down and the crank would not turn. Took that cap off and installed the #2 cap and it would not turn. Did this to every single cap and the crank would not turn. Crank will not turn with any cap in place.

Removed the #3 main thrust bearing and cap. Set the crank in place. Crank will turn free. Install #1 cap and torque it down and the crank will not turn.

I will check the run out on the crankshaft tonight; however, I believe that I will have to have this motor align honed to get this right.

Yes we will get it fix; however, it has cost us another week-end. If we had not already spent so much money on this block, I would have set it aside and worked on another. Thanks for all of the help MOPARTS and if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

With the crank in place, and only 1 cap installed and torqued, it has to be a bearing problem.