Well folks, it has been a while since I posted on here. It has been very crazy for the past 9 months. I have been to sea for most of it and it has really drained me. Fortunatly, I have just been assigned to a shore assignement for 4 years. And a promotion, to boot!! I am looking forward to it.

So, here are the updates: I thrashed on the car hard last year to get it to Carlisle which worked out great. It ran strong but I knew that I had a bunch of little things left to finish on it. Over the winter I put the stripes and the lower body moldings on. It really sets the car off now. I also finished putting the console in.

I had been driving the car HARD when my ship was inport. Super hard. It was basically my daily driver. A couple of weeks prior to me getting underway for my last patrol, I noticed that my temperature gauge was running a little warm, so I pulled into a parking lot to check it out. When I opened the hood, I noticed that my fuel pump was spraying fuel all over my header and atlernator. NOT GOOD.

I grabbed my truck and trailer and took it back to my garage. Since I have owned that car, it was the first time that it had been on a trailer. Anyways, I went out to sea and when I returned I put an electric pump on it and a new thermostat in it. Since then, I have been beating it senselessly. I can't help it.... That Hemi pulls so strong and I just loving shifting that four speed!

So, here is the plan: I purchased a set of M/T's, a line lock, and a helmet. It is time to go racing!! Hopefully I can hit the track by the end of the summer.

Quote:

One of my favorite cars on here. If you lived closer we could both take out our original Hemi cars and street race them. Not many of us hard core Hemi driver type guys left.

Sheldon

Sheldon, I wish you were closer. I have been dusting off ALL the folks that try to take me. Its almost funny because they usually get several car lengths on me when we take off but once I get the Hemi traction in second gear it is all over for them. It literally rolls by them like they are standing still. There may be engines and cars that are better than the Hemi, but not to me. The Hemi is IT for me.

Stan

7264311-Hemi2.jpg (167 downloads)
Last edited by fourspd340; 06/24/12 11:00 PM.