Time for an update. First of all, I just want to say thanks for all of the comments. You guys have no idea the fun I am having with this car. Everyone should have a Hemi as their daily driver.

So, my plan was to take this car to the track but I have been having to do a bunch of little things to it. I drive this car to work nearly every day and I have to keep up with all of the maintenance on it.

I did get the M/T's on it and what a differance it made. Wow! I can actually hook now. The rear suspension is basically stock with an extra leaf that I have two clamps on each side. It seems to work great.

A few weeks ago I was playing around with my buddy's supercharged 2011 Mustang. His car is pretty bad. It's dyno'd at over 500 hp to the wheels. The first time I took him but the second time he got by about half a fender and I could not get by him. That was the first time anyone has beaten me. But.... I thought the Hemi was a little sluggish. More on that later.

The next day we drove to see 68jim and his '68 Hemi Road Runner. Of course it rained hard and the Hemi was not running that well. So, instead of going home, we decided to drive down to NC. On the way back we stopped and the car would not start. The battery was completely dead. I fixed that situation and the car instantly felt better. I have no idea how long I was just running on the battery. So, I ran the car hard all the way home to "clean the plugs". Nice.

The throttle also stuck once which made me check it once I got home. As you can see, it was only held together by 5 of the strands of the cable. And it was not allowing me to open the carbs all the way! I put a new one on and now it feels like the Hemi should! It's time to have a rematch with that Mustang......

So, I took a full Saturday and did all sorts of work to the car becasue I had been beating it so hard. Sunday I took it out and I could hear some rattling in the trunk area. I took it home and I found that the rear shock crossmember had broken the welds loose. I think a combination of the M/T's and poor factory welds were to blame. A few minutes with the MIG and we were back in business.

I was also using a little bit of oil. Sure enough, all of my intake bolts were loose. I changed the gaskets a few months ago and they had loosened up. I should know better! I have been through this before with a Hemi. I tightened them up and I am now good to go.

Since then, I have been just burning through hundreds of gallons of gas. I had it out tonight cruising around and it is AWESOME!

There will be more to come.

Stan

7350593-ThrottleCable.jpg (126 downloads)