I am the original owner of the 1966 Belvedere II referenced by A. Greg Bull in a previous post. The car was ordered through Franklin Motors in Wyckoff, NJ, where my father was General Manager. It was the third of five Hemi cars sold by the dealership during the 1966 model year. The order was place on Tuesday, March 22, and the car arrived at the dealer on Thursday, April 7, only 16 days later! I took delivery on Tuesday, April 12 and it was my only vehicle during the next 22 months. I drove it 72,000 miles during that period. I was in the Army and stationed 180 miles from home, but returned home every weekend. When the 1967 GTX model appeared, I purchased a GTX speedo and installed it in my car. I removed the odometer assembly from the '66 120 mph speedo and installed it into the 150 mph GTX speedo assy to maintain the correct milage reading. In August,'67 I reached 148 mph on one occassion. I meticulously logged every penny of gas, parts,insurance to understand the cost per mile of its ownership. The vehicle averaged 12.2 mpg for the 72,000 miles and the cost of ownership was 8.3 cents per mile. This was based upon purchase price less what it was sold to Mr. Bull for in 1968 and included a rebore (.040 over) with # 6 cyl sleeved due to a broken ring at 52,000 miles in June 1967. I became the fifth owner of the car (again) in 1972. It now had 115,000 miles on the odometer. From 1972 until July 4, 1980, I drove the car another 70,000 miles. It, unnessessarily, received another engine rebuild when severe blowby began at 120,000 miles. Under hard accelleration, the oil fill cap would blow off the valve cover and be cradeled between the steering shaft and the frame. After obtaining all parts to do a rebuild, the dissaembly began. The cause was not engine wear, but the heat riser section of the intake manifold had cracked and the screw-in core plug in the bottom of the heat riser section was now laying in the lifter valley. Some of the exhaust was being pumped into the internals of the engine and blowing off the cap. The vehicle was stolen July 4, 1980. The engine was likley removed and the body left on a street in Paterson, NJ. After repeated tickets left on the car, I believe it was towed and scrapped. Two months after the theft I received a summons for ignoring the tickets. I told the local police to whom I originally reported the theft to to resolve the summons.