Mopars are few and far between at HSV especially since Wild Bill passed.

Well, The fools sold me tags and insurance and I got the car out on the street ETs Sunday for a little test driving. This thing is an absolute beast on the street and I never got over 1/2 throttle when punching it, didn't even get into the cam (keeping it under 4500 or so) and 50 MPH. The smallish radiator (reverse flow) is OK at 45 cruising but when you have to slow the fan/radiator can't keep up and it gets up around 200 degrees. 1st gear is about useless except to get you to 2nd and that gear is useless at 1/4 throtle or more. This was with 6 PSI in the tires. I can't wait until the track opens in March for some TnT. Hopefully I can get up to a full motor pass on the trans brake. In the meanwhile I will be cleaning up a little laundry list of stuff to fix.

I am probably going to sell the engine and the things it takes to put it into an A-body. Anybody interested in a turn key, fresh 499 Keith Black water / B1 engine that supposedly made 1250 on the dyno with the spray send me a PM. I will be including the very large headers/exhaust, B1 intake with the fogger system (and a bunch of plumbing), reverse flow radiator, vaccuum system, and probably all the stuff for the data system forward of the firewall (maybe including the Racepak SC1000 box too). Gonna be looking for $15K for all. Will put a classified here and the other Mopar sites as well as RJ.

I have a new 540 I built that will go in it's place. Too bad I built that engine with so much compression but that jerk Josh at Indy sold me the wrong pistons and I will have to deal with 14-1 and C-16 until I can fix that. Gonna put in a new radiator and headers

Last edited by Airwoofer; 02/25/14 12:31 PM.