Well that worked so here we go again...

First Hi Moparts! My name is Chris Barber and I bought the Demon from Mike Robbins. The title said he has owned it since last summer and I think he bought it from Lee Saunders in FL.

The car still looks just like the pic with the lovely lady. I looked the car over pretty well on a lift and saw no evidence of any fire damage. The paint looks pretty fresh so who knows. Rear quarters could use patch panels (for the bondo) which if AMD has them I will try to get done, otherwise the body is in great shape.

Edit: I cannot view photobucket pics here at work. Can anybody post up that fire pic on another photo site and reply here?

The engine is a 499 Keith Black / B1 that with 2 stages of spray that supposedly made 1250 HP on the Nelson Performance (FL) dyno. The engine was supposedly freshened up with a new Bryant crank, new alum rods, new pistons by Adger Smith in Texarkana. I do not have the engine build sheets or dyno data, yet... but will try to get those.

I live in North Alabama and the home track will be Huntsville Dragway (1/8 mi) which is 5 back road miles from my shop. I will get tags and maybe drive it on the street some too.

I have a brand new 540 world / Indy 440-1 engine I may put in so this old guy doesn't have to do so much maintenance. Headers will be the issue.

Anybody that has any info on what the car has been doing since the KOS days in 2001 please let me know.

This is one nice toy from back in the day. The car I should have had in HS (well, really a 4 sp 340 Demon).

8034533-streetDemon.jpg (833 downloads)