Quote:

This reminds me of a similar post a couple months ago about our water pump housing. Some self proclaimed moparts "expert" analysed our water pump housing and found the ports to be smaller than he would have liked. Right away, he posted how our housing would without a doubt cause the engine to overheat because of the smaller passages. Well, I personally run one of those housings on my own car, and I'd never had any kind of overheating problem, so I thought it was a bit strange. So, I looked up our sales data, and it turns out we've sold many thousands of those same housings over the last 3 years and we've not heard of any overheating problems caused by them. Even if 1% of the people who bought those housings had an overheating problem caused by them, that would still be hundreds of calls we would have received about the problem, so we definitely would have known about it.

Just another instance of how an "expert" can take one look at a perfect good and proven part, and then post on here how it can't possibly work.

That would be me Mr 440 Source....no expert, just a hobbyist builder who's been at it for 30 years. I can tell you that without a doubt that waterpump & housing was THE problem. I didn't find it initially....a REAL engine builder did. You might have heard of him....Fast68Plymouth aka Dwayne Porter.

Don't want to rehash old news but in a nutshell my cruise engine temps dropped 25* when i re-installed the factory housing & Milodon pump. My Buddy member Blown68 reinstalled his factory housing & cast iron pump and noticed a dramatic drop in temps as well. Draw your own conclusions

We won't talk about the 440 Source timing cover that leaked like a sieve. Turns out it wasn't flat and was leaking around the dowl holes.

Ron