Quote:

please explain this from your site? im confused...

We do not just use what's "written on the box" or any "estimated" weights for any part of the balancing operation. Other shops call this a "competition balance" and charge a few hundred bucks extra for it. We call it standard practice.

On the waterpump housing deal isnt there bolt hole mis-alignment?

and jeff at MCH does all of your cnc head porting right

please enlighten so I know the facts about this stuff

I think what you quoted from our site explains it pretty good, but since you are "confused" I'll explain it in more detail. Most other shops that charge $150 for a balance job never even open the rods and pistons. They simply look at the weight written on the side of the box, and factor in that "estimated" weight when they drill the crank. The main downside to doing this is that you don't really know what you're working with. If the weight printed on the side of a box of pistons says 800 grams (for example) and 7 of the pistons actually do weigh 800 grams, but one weighs 825, you'd never know it.

We physically remove each and every rod and piston, ring and bearing, inspect them and weigh them individually (for the rods we weigh the small end and the big end separately) to make sure they are in spec. Only once they have been verified is the crank actually drilled.

And yes, Jeff does our CNC work. He also does Mancini, and probably 95% of the people on this board.

I don't appreciate any accusations that Jeff and I are somehow "in cahoots" or something. I'm sure he doesn't either. I won't dignify that sort of thing by arguing about it. It only took one post of mine for this thread to degenerate. In case anyone wonders why we rarely post on here anymore, this is exactly why.

And as far as any problems with our water pumps and/or housings, everything we sell is covered under full warranty, which is clearly explained on our site. If you had a problem with any of our parts during the warranty period, you could have called us and gotten a replacement.

We are done posting on this thread before it really gets