I have been putting off the stripes for a while now.. I was hoping to get some help putting them on but this time of year is so busy for everyone. So alone I went into territory I have never been in before. Using a recent article on how to put on stripes on a Dodge dart in Mopar Muscle magazine (http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/body/mopp_1103_easy_accents_dart_factory_stripes/index.html), I came up with a game plan. I ordered up Phoenix Graphics Slide-On gel and the ultraviolet protection stuff they sell.

Like painting, preparation is everything. The already clean car was degreased with dish soap. That was followed up with a cotton cloth and isopropyl alcohol.

Magnets I bought from the hobby section of local store were used to hold the decals on the car. Using pictures I took from the original stripes on the car with measurements from their placement in relationship to the top edge of fenders, mirrors, etc. I arranged them in their general location and then fine tuned their placement.

They were pretty cracked and crazed.

Most critical placement would be around the door handle. I got this close then made the distance from the mirror the same as the old stripes

Roughed in the front and rear fenders to match.

Then I taped the stripe exactly where I wanted it. Put a hinge tape in the middle and two others on either side.

Medium shot of door with tape and magnets

After carefully cutting the tape with a straight edge and an Xacto knife with the blade on the decal backing and not the paint then pulled the half back. Covered the car with Slide on and removed the decal backing. Unhinging the stripe back onto the door and matching up the tapes exactly I squeegeed out the gel out from under the decal.

I had dreaded this job for a while but after doing it, it went very smoothly. The stripes have not looked this good for the entire time I have owned the car. They were already checking when I purchased it. They only went down hill after that.

Finished product Drivers side:

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado