Quote:

Wow...you guys are the best, I knew I came to the right place for answers. I'll leave my opinions of GG at the door with my cockey attitude from now on.

I am totally seeing the bigger picture here. I too scanned my 70-71 Mopar parts catalog and found these same anomolies. I think I can agree that all 383's in 1970 were HiPo 335 hp. They all had the same 9.7 to 1 pistons had the same part # 440HP cam/lifters, same color coded valve springs, same oil pan w/ factory windage tray, etc.(BTW - I quoted my Road Test maazine June 1970 article when posting 10.5 to 1 compression earlier - should have checked my FSM first, oh no, one member is right that the factory literature is not always 100% correct)

Painting the engine blue or orange, what's the significance? Does A/C dictate or does Holley carb or does Tranny or a combo of above? Interesting topic. My engine is blue, has A/C, has Carter 4732S, has 727 auto, for the record, dual exhaust without cutouts and tips.

I'd like to hear back from the few members that stated I do not have an HP motor in their educated opinions...

I will say a motor should have been stamped with HP or HP2 on its pad, maybe not all were stamped, mine surely isn't.

I'm not exactly sure if L code is 2bbl only, neither is Dan, so you guys can argue, I'm done...to have that cold-one a member suggested earlier. (applause from crowd)

Confirms my decision to stop posting.

Amazing how an unchallenged lie can become the absolute truth.