Quote:

Quote:

snip...the N code cars could have either the 330 or 335 horse 4 bbl engine....the SG30's do not differentiate between the two.I've seen 3 N code converts come up for sale in the last 3 years...only one had AC,one had the 335 horse eng with the 355 perf axle package and one had no fender tag...snip

I thought one question was did the buyer of a non 'Cuda or non R/T have the choice between serperate options of a 330hp or a 335hp ?? Or a choice in certain situations?

I understand it didn't show up on the SG report. But was there two seperate options and/or choices?

HP was not an option to the buyer. It was part of the assembly proceedure and contingent on other factors such as A/C and tranny.

For example, a 69 Charger with Auto and/or A/C would not get the 335 horse engine but four speed non A/C cars did. The same thing for Road Runners and Super Bees. HP was standard but when equipped with A/C with either tranny, they got the 330 horse engine.

You can put together a matrix and see why it worked out this way. The purpose is to make as few engine assembly variations as possible.

The buyer had no selection in the process. There are no special sales codes for choosing an HP assembly over the 330 HP engine.

Nicholas, I really bit my tounge this AM when I read your first replys had have thought about how to reply for the last 6 hours.....

Intentionally or not, you have insulted one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this Board and the Mopar community. If anyone would be able and willing to help you, and provide documentation as to his answers, it would be Dan.

IMHO...it would be in your best interest to make amends and discover a little humility.

Last edited by 69CoronetRT; 04/03/08 01:57 PM.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!