well it is good to know i can get what ever Cam I need as long as i am willing to pay for the Billet stuff. I was kind of worried about that as i am going to be running a 50mm bearing cam and MaMopars stock of Blanks is limited from my understanding. Leon gave me 2 of his cams that I think will be pretty close to what I need for a Turbo SB, BUT I want to know what my options are if they happen to be way off.

Back on subject!!I am no where close to understanding Cams by any means but what I have seen and learned over the years. You really can't talk about any Cam Spec with out mentioning the others as well.

It seems companies like Comp-Cams and others have tried to simplify Cam Terminology for those of us with simple minds by reducing the terms to Duration and LSA. In reality there is a lot more to it than that.

Even though it confuses me to no-end the bare bone basics are IVO, IVC,EVO,EVC. With those set you dictate your In & Ex Durations, In & Ex Cetnerlines and LSA numbers.

IVO
IVC = IN DUR. & IN Centerline > lsa

EVO
EVC = EX DUR. & EX Centerline > lsa

Changing any 1 of the above has it's consequences on the others. And the consequences are even great as you get farther away from the basics of IVO,IVC,EVO,EVC.

Now back to Turbo cams. Turbos tend to like a wider LSA as well as more Duration in the EX for the simple fact they like an exhaust that is forced out of the cylinder. Try to force the ex out with overlap and you'll be forcing it back into the intake.

Optimally THEORY would say you want to open the intake as soon as possible @ TDC on the Int. Stroke an hold it open as long as possible until BDC and allow BOOST to fill the cylinders. NO OVERLAP at all and also open the exhaust as soon as possible @ BDC and hold it open until the piston has reached TDC on the ex stroke.

I wouldn't even try to guess what the numbers for that kind of cam would be.

I know there are some guys using a bit more overlap than you would think on Turbo Engines for racing Just to keep the EGT down.

I'm definitely keeping my eyes open and paying attention best as I can. A lot I need to still learn before I put mine together.