Alan:

Trust me, the issue isn't the intermediate cable, it's the front cable. You could "cheat" it with a longer intermediate cable, but it still will not be right. I have a stash of over 100 NOS brake cables and I am sure I have a front for an ebody in there. Doesn't matter, the cable isn't the same as the original, and I have already verified that.

Snoopy.

Even though I am 110% sure I have it correct, technically, you could route the sheathing any way you want to. If the ends are properly placed where they should be(in the e brake mechanism and in the dedicated hole in the frame for the front cable) then all that's left is the inner cable itself. If it's too short then you are SOL.

I have two known original 71 Ebodies at my disposal, so it's not hard to figure out what it should be. Just wondering how many others have run into problems.

We will sort this out and I will post findings and hopefully keep someone else from having to deal with this.

Anyone with any other experiences care to offer any input, I am all ears(eyes?).
MB