We got the Dart running pretty good, but it still has a pretty good hesitation/bog when the throttle is pressed down fast (or on a quick/hard launch). Then the car comes to life and pulls like a freight train.
The car is very basic and just put together for pennies so it is making do without anything fancy.
The engine is a stock 1974 360 4-bbl. out of a 53,000 Dodge Truck.
The Supercharger is a B&M 144 (B&M says it maybe a 162?) which was just gone through including new nylon strips in the rotors for tigheter clearencing/better performance.
The intake manifold is a Holley 'Street Dominator' aluminum single 4-bbl. unit with the carb flange shave level/square so the blower sits on it nice/flat.
The car has standard Hooker 'Competition' headers that dump into dual 3" exhaust with Flowmaster 3" mufflers. The exhaust stops at the rear axle.
It also has an Accel 'Super Coil'and the plug gap is at .040".
Thre Carburetor is a Holley 'Street Aveneger' 770 cfm vac. secondary unit with electronic choke. The primary jets are 75 and the secondary jets are 79. The accel pump is a small one (30cc?).
The timing was set around 8 degrees initial (idle) and around 30 degrees coming in around 3,000 RPMs. The ditributor on has one spring in it (light factory spring).
The car has a .429"(I)/.444"(E) with a blower friendly 114 centerline camshaft/lifters/springs, with a double row true roller timing set.
Transmission is a stock 727 and the rear is an 8-3/4" sure-grip with 3.91:1 gears. The chassis is all stock with Yukon big bolt pattern axles, and 1973+ A-body front disc brakes.
The car uses an aluminum radiator as well an external transmission fluid cooler.

We ran the car last year with a 670 cfm vac secondary Street Avenger carb and I had the 770 sitting on a 440 in my garage still in the plastic so I wanted to try it on the Dart because surely the 670 was too small. The car had the same bog with the 670 cfm carb.

The car definitely runs better with the larger carb, however I hate that stumble it has.

When I had the 670 cfm carb a couple people said I should add bigger squirters.
I knew I was going to swap the carb and I did but was shocked when I found out this 770 has smaller squirters (.025") then even the previous 670 (.035"), according to Holley.

Trying to get the car set-up right as we are going to bring it to the strip on Sept. 25th for the first time. Not too mention it would be nice to have it ready to just pull out next spring and have it "ready to go".
The car just runs on street tires, however I have a set of slicks I'll be trying out at the track this time.

Any ideas what would get that nasty hesitation out of there and any other tips?!?

1969 Dodge Super Bee A12 (440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 4.10)

1972 Plymouth Road Runner (400, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)

1974 Plymouth Duster 360 (360, 4-speed, 8.75" 3.23)