Quote:

Well as this was an OEM block,crank,bell,transmission,and OEM style clutch that measurement would not be an issue with most of the guys on this site.It will not effect the operation of this project.
I knew that some of you guys with aftermarket parts and $3000.00 clutches and and old Pro-Stock cans with Lencos would pipe up with all the "racecar"measurements,we didn't measure the finger height with a dial indicator,balance our wheel with the plate,or check plate clearance with the pedal on the floor.These are all things that are needed with a "RACE" tranny installation.This was intended to be viewed as a guideline to install a transmission for a "STREET/STRIP" fun car.
Gus

This is an inspiring thread, for sure... but I have a slight thread jack.

If I am taking the NV-3500 from the back of my stock 5.2 Magnum and bolting it on the back of a 360 LA block, do I need to do all the flywheel to bellhousing run-out measurements? The bellhousing and trans case are one piece and there is no way to get a dial indicator in there, etc. etc. We are setting up the clutch and flywheel to be in a completely stock configuration. I'm using a steel flywheel and a Spec CLutch assembly.....

Any tips, Gus?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the threadjack.

Last edited by copperdodge; 02/15/07 12:38 AM.