The scoop is sealed to the carb with a pan. The turbulent air I referred to was in the scoop, with no center divider and no air cleaner in 2021. That, in conjunction with a little too lean, vertical gas ports, and staying WOT to the 6 mile killed a piston.
I did add piston squirters to the block during the rebuild, and did not add vertical gas ports to the new shortblock. The burned piston might have also resulted from a degree or two too much timing, but I think the turbulent air in the scoop and slightly lean was the main culprit.
I had to change the 28" Moroso DS-2 tires on the rear during Speed Week 2024. I learned in 2021 that they grow in diameter (gulp!) about 2.5" at 231mph, which throws off your final drive ratio if you don't know that is going to happen. I installed 28" Goodyear LSR tires and they stay closer to their advertised diameter. Notice the big bump on the sidewall in the pic. To their credit, it does say "Do not exceed 32psi" on the sidewall... so they will only hold so long at 100psi!! The Goodyear LSR tire is designed for 70-100psi, so no worries!

20240806_065114.jpg

B3 1969 Charger R/T SE, 440/727 with 3:91s running 11.07@120