Hello, we modified the hood scoop to add a 6" K&N air filter and added a divider/support down the middle, then modified it again. I also had Wilson Manifolds port a new B1 intake. These mods cleaned up the AFR to where it is stable at all speeds so far. Car was fish-tailing at over 200mph due to slushy salt, so if the weather is cooler and the salt is better it should run the number in September. There is an SCTA sanctioned, USFRA event called World of Speed 6-9 September which we plan to attend and use to break the record. If not then, the last opportunity for this year is World Finals end of September.
I did find a rod bearings that was making metal. When I pulled the cap, the cap had the bearing half marked UPPER in it, and the rod had the half marked LOWER. I paid a race engine company to build the shortblock after the burned piston in 2021, so I am disappointed that the "professional" installed the bearing halves wrong. Clearly the halves use different composition, as this was the only rod bearing that was messed up. The rest of the rod bearings were fine. The nicer looking of the halves was the half in the rod cap, the worse was the half installed in the rod. New rod bearings going in before the World of Speed event.

20240817_172723.jpg20240817_172730.jpg

B3 1969 Charger R/T SE, 440/727 with 3:91s running 11.07@120