Man Dwayne, you are picky!! LoL! I wish you'd have been with me and told me to lift at the 5 mile marker! Would have extended my fun and saved me a couple thousand dollars!
You are correct. The engine seemed to struggle to get to max rpm in 3rd, then stopped accelerating at 6400 in 4th. The rear 28" tires expanded 2 1/2" in diameter which threw my final drive ratio way off. On the dyno (at 860'elevation, don't know the DA) the engine made 135 less hp at 6400 vs 7400 where max hp was attained (which is what 28" tires should have given with this gear at 240 or so), so even at Bonneville DA there is a difference, in this case enough the engine couldn't overcome the aero of the car with the taller tires. I believe fuel distribution and inlet turbulence exaserbated the problem. The a/f on each bank was showing 12.7 up to a point. As the speed increased well above 200mph, the a/f (based on an Innovate Motorsports dual guage) was changing so rapidly I could only see a number occasionally, bouncing between 12.7 and 13.1. The engine made best power at around 13.1 on the dyno...for a few seconds at a time. That was obviously too lean in the spread for the #7 which burned and #6 which had the thermal coating partially burned off but the piston survived. I now know I should've had O2 sensors in all primaries and a way to monitor that on the fly, or I should've kept it richer to keep it alive. That and I should've lifted at the 5 mile marker, or definitely when rpm started to decrease, although I'd guess the damage was already done. Expensive lesson learned, 5 miles was probably plenty for WOT! I had asked the experts when I was building the headers about EGT or O2 sensors in each primary and was told that wasn't needed on a NA engine at this HP level. I wanted to do it before Jet Hot coating if so. I learned the expensive way it is needed and the cost of the system would have paid for itself here!
Solutions- Get the heads and manifold to Wilson's Manifolds to help fuel distribution, work on the scoop for better inlet air, and add a K&N
air filter that will flow enough air to help control the inlet turbulence. If you have any suggestions I am wide open for suggestions. I cannot use computer controlled ignition in this class or fuel injection. There is a low pressure above the scoop I will address, not exactly sure how I will change it to help inlet airflow, but I will change it.

B3 1969 Charger R/T SE, 440/727 with 3:91s running 11.07@120