Originally Posted by LA360
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by Streetwize
I remember in 73 reading an article saying that Jenkins' 331" SBC in the vega was dynoing at 585 hp, considering the Iron heads of the day that's still pretty impressive.

I remember Darrin Morgan saying that normally aspirated the limits of a 2 valve engine iwith today's technology s approximately 1.65 lb/ft of torque per cube (and 1.3 is generally considered a very good street engine), but it's unlikely the wedge (or many any other) motors of that time were anything close to that.

In the FABO article on Gliddens Arrow I told of my friends car running super modified (comp), he ran 2 engines SB Chevy, 266 and 331, 266 ran 8.70s 331 ran 8.0s @ 3100 pounds. Wallace says the 266 is 835 hp and 331 is 1074 hp. Verified these numbers from him today.

When was this guy making these kind of numbers?

3-4 years ago, retired now for health issues. He never drove any of his cars from 1969 on, Allen Stanfield (Gregs uncle) drove till he had to quit then a guy named Chester ?. Nothing but the best equipment from top name guys. That comp stuff is a whole different world than our little doings.