After Hurricane Fran dropped down short lived tornados which knocked down huge circular areas of pine trees,
the Duke Forestry Department decided to use “sky crane” helicopters to remove logs
even though there were extensive one lane “fire roads” that could have been used the conventional way,
although those roads could have been “rutted out”
and/or daily forest trail walkers and their dogs would been excluded for awhile.

It made me think about pulling junk vehicles or trash out of mountain areas on other wilderness hikes far away.

Will we ever see cheap Li battery quad copter drones that maybe 2 / 4 or 6 a time can lift 200-400 lbs up and out short distances?
Booster helium or hydrogen balloons ?

I have a big back yard and am only 1.9 miles from two very large Amazon warehouses,
and only 0.3 mile from a new 16 door Amazon semi truck to van distribution building,
but no package has yet been RC drone landed here.

Russia claims they now have a nuclear powered cruise missile with unlimited range.
I guess that also means unlimited range nuclear quad copter drone.

USA had a nuclear airplane project long ago, and has nuclear heat thermocouple electrically powered space craft.

Duke Thermodynamics prof Dr Charles Harman had a framed blueprint drawing on his office wall of a 50 year life nuclear battery to be buried in a house back yard to power citizen houses. If you buried it under your driveway it would melt snow in winter.
Dr Harman would also tell the story about how as a grad student at the University of Chicago they would store uranium reactor fuel bricks in his office - as each brick “was only mildly radioactive.”