years back we took a friends suggestion leaving Phoenix and took Hiway 60 out of Globe Az for a "scenic" shortcut. YEEHA!!!! mountain roads don't normally bother me but this was quite an experience. Seems the truckers like it as it saves them X amount of time. They also like to haul azz and use ALL of their one narrow lane and a bit of yours. Lot's of switchbacks and most areas have NO guardrails. But I'm sure it's a thrilling ride to the wherever the bottom is as in many areas there did not seem to be one. there were many areas that just flat went straight down to somewhere? let's not forget grandpa in his 80ft Airstream. At the bottom is the only rest stop. The toilets at that time had no bottoms and dumped straight down into the river 😲
My wife said at the rest area I am really glad that's over, I commented Uhh don't look but we have to repeat the process climbing back out 🤪. Finally got to a small town called Snowflake which was like an unspoiled Lake Tahoe. Smooth cruising from thereon. Did I mention My wife does not like heights or mountain roads WITH GUARDRAILS beer